TGIF friends! As promised, I’m popping on here to share with you the best quesso dip ever! My husband found it on Instagram and we’ve had it several times and LOVE it! Come check it out!
This quesso recipe is by Chance Cozby of 3piecesofpecan on Instagram. He has lots of great recipes but this one is super easy and delicious! The only downside of watching his videos is you must watch them over and over to get the recipe because he doesn’t print it out for you. It’s worth it though. And here is the recipe! I’ll give it to you just as he recommends but it makes enough for an army so we cut the recipe in half and it’s still a LOT.
THE MONT QUESSO BY: CHANCE COZBY
- 2 lbs. sausage (1 hot and 1 mild)
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 4 jalapeño peppers diced (remove the seeds and stems)
- ½ cup green chilies
- 3 large tomatoes diced
- 2 lbs. Velvetta cheese
- 2-8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- pepper to taste.
- Brown and chop the sausage thoroughly and drain.
- Add the onions, peppers, chilies and tomatoes.
- Add the Velvetta Cheese, the cream cheese, garlic and pepper.
- Stir until melted and let simmer for about 25 minutes or put in a crock pot.
- Serve with Tortilla chips and enjoy!
Like I said, we cut the recipe in half and it still made a lot. (We used one pound of hot Jimmy Dean Sausage for ours.) This dip is SO good and creamy! It reheats well too. So, if you are looking for an easy and delicious dip to take to a party, this is a guaranteed crowd pleaser! If you don’t like your dips as spicy, consider using the regular sausage instead of the hot and reduce the number of jalapeño peppers. We serve ours with blue chips and regular tortilla chips. Yummy!
Well, it’s Friday and we are ready for it! How about you? What are your plans this weekend? Anything fun? Hope it’s wonderful! Until next time, stay well! xoxo Dell