Happy Monday, friends! Last night my husband and I tried a new recipe and it was so easy and yummy, I just had to share it with you! Come check out our new Jimmy Dean Sausage and coleslaw recipe!
I found this recipe the other day while scrolling through Instagram. Honestly I can’t remember who posted it as a story, but it immediately caught my eye. First of all, my husband and I are trying to do somewhat of a Keto Diet. You know, low carb kind of thing, but preferably without the high fat. Secondly, I had all of the ingredients on hand. So last night we gave it a try and it was really good! Especially if you like sausage. Here goes!
JIMMY DEAN SAUSAGE AND COLESLAW RECIPE
- 1 lb. Jimmy Dean Sausage (We used hot but you can use regular)
- 1 bag of coleslaw mix (16 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste (soy sauce is salty so go easy on the salt)
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet (no need to drain)
- Add the soy sauce, and spices
- Add the coleslaw mix and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until the coleslaw is warm and the cabbage has softened. (about 5 minutes.)
Enjoy! The best part about this meal is how easy it is. It only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish. This dish is also referred to as an egg roll in a bowl. Naturally you can add other things to make it more colorful and to suit your taste, but we liked it as is! Delicious!
Well, that’s all folks! I hope you have a wonderful day! Let me know if you give this a try and if so how you like it! Take care and let’s chat again soon! xoxo Dell