Happy Thursday, friends! As promised, here is a new shrimp recipe we tried recently and it is such an easy and tasty dish. Just in time for those quick summer time meals! And it’s inexpensive too! Come check out Shrimp Puttanesca!
I picked up this recipe card last week at my local Publix. Wanting to try a new shrimp recipe, this sounded easy and delicious. So, without further ado, here is the recipe!
SHRIMP PUTTANESCA RECIPE:
- 1 (9 oz) package fresh angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ½ cup sliced kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 ½ pound peeled, deveined medium shrimp, tails removed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes drained.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan on medium heat 1-2 minutes. Add garlic, olives and capers and cook 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp to pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in tomatoes and cook 2-3 more minutes until hot and shrimp turns pink and opaque.
- Serve over pasta. Top with parmesan cheese if desired.
NOTE: We used fettuccini noodles instead of angel hair pasta. Also we used a bit of chicken stock while stir frying the shrimp into the garlic, olives and capers. You can also use the tomato juice from the diced tomatoes to add a bit more sauce.
If you love the taste of kalamata olives, you will LOVE this dish! It’s light and refreshing and not filling. A perfect summer dish! And it only takes a total of 20 minutes to prepare and serves 4. (approx. 500 calories per serving.)
Please let me know if you give this recipe a try and how you like it. And if you like it, dish it out! Have a great day! xoxo Dell