TGIF, friends! I’ve shared with you my favorite zucchini bread before, but today I tried something new and I tweaked the recipe a bit. Check out my new gluten free zucchini bread!
I know several people who are gluten intolerant so I decided to try to make a gluten free zucchini bread for one of our friends. First of all I bought a pack of this type of flour by Pillsbury. Its a blend of rice flour, potato starch, pea fiber, tapioca starch and Xanthan gum. (Sounds delicious, right? ) Anyway, it has the same consistency of all purpose flour and you use it just the same. (1 cup=1 cup) It’s a bit pricy at about $7.99 for about 1 lb 8 ounces, so it’s not something I’ll buy often but for a special friend it was worth the splurge!
Here’s how I made it this time!
Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread
- 3 cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup milk chocolate morsels.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour two 8×4 inch pans. (I use the Baking Pam)
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda and powder and cinnamon together (You can sift it but I don’t.)
- Beat the eggs, vanilla, oil and sugars together.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat well.
- Stir in the zucchini and nuts and mix until combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the center comes out clean. (I bake mine for about 55 minutes and that seems perfect for my oven, but of course times may vary.)
- Cool for about 20 minutes then remove from pans and cool completely.
- Once cool, the zucchini bread is ready to eat! (Or you can wrap up one to share or freeze for later.)
On the back of the Gluten Free Flour is a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that I may try next. So, in case you or someone you love is gluten intolerant, be sure to give this a try! And let me know if you do! Well, I hope y’all have a wonderful Father’s Day weekend. Stay cool! xoxo Dell