TGIF, sweet friends! Anytime I find a good recipe I want to share it with you! Come check out this super easy and yummy appetizer. Artichoke wontons!
Last week my husband and I went to a dear friend’s birthday party and I offered to bring an appetizer. Our friends know that I love trying new recipes and they are usually the guinea pigs! So, I decided to make Artichoke wontons. I googled some recipes and found an easy one by Michael of Inspired by Charm blog.
ARTICHOKE WONTON RECIPE
- 24 wonton wrappers (In case you are interested, the wontons are vegan)
- 1 jar (12 ounce) quartered and marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- ¼ cup sliced pitted black olives, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan Cheese (I used a little more)
- ¼ cup red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl stir together the artichokes (I used this brand), olives, garlic, cheese, red pepper and mayonnaise. Set aside
- Grease a mini-muffin tin with spray Pam
- Carefully press the wonton wrappers in the greased tin. (I used this tool)(This tool is so simple and cool! The smaller end works in a mini muffin tin and the large side works in a standard size muffin tin. I found that wrapping the wonton on the end of the tool then pressing it in the form worked best.)
- Fill each wrapper with about a teaspoon of the artichoke mixture, distributing evenly.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the artichoke mix is bubbly and the wontons are lightly browned.
- Serve warm. I put the wontons on a serving tray and loosely placed a piece of foil over then to keep them warm. They were a hit! Everyone loved them and they were devoured in no time!
This recipe only makes 24 so you may want to double the recipe if you are serving a crowd. Well, it’s Friday and we have a fun family-filled weekend planned. Maybe this recipe will make a cameo? I hope y’all have a great weekend and let’s chat again soon! xoxo Dell